With the groups of Mordechai Segev and Yonina Eldar, we explore, experimentally and theoretically, a new paradigm for enhanced resolution in optical science and beyond. Our approach is based on the fact that useful information has some structure. That means that there exists some mathematical basis in which the information can be represented in a compact form. We exploit this feature for improving the resolution beyond fundamental barriers, such as Abbe’s diffraction limit in microscopy and time-frequency bandwidth limit in time-resolved and spectroscopic measurements. For example, we demonstrated the concept in coherent diffraction imaging  and currently work to implement it in various other optical applications.
- P. Sidorenko, O. Lahav, Z. Avnat and O. Cohen, Ptychographic reconstruction algorithm for frequency resolved optical gating: super-resolution and supreme robustness, Optica., 3, 12 (2016)
- P. Sidorenko, O. Kfir, Y. Shechtman, A. Fleischer, Y. Eldar, M. Segev and O. Cohen, Sparsity-based super-resolved coherent diffraction imaging of one-dimensional objects, Nat. Commun. 6, 8209 (2015)
- M. Mutzafi, Y. Shechtman, Y. C. Eldar, O. Cohen and M. Segev, Sparsity-based Ankylography for Recovering 3D molecular structures from single-shot 2D scattered light intensity, Nat. Commun. 6, 7950 (2015)
- Yonina Eldar, Pavel Sidorenko, Dustin G. Mixon, Shaby Barel and Oren Cohen, Sparse Phase Retrieval from Short-Time Fourier Measurements, IEEE Signal Processing Letters 22, 638 (2015)
- Y. Shechtman, Y. C. Eldar, O. Cohen, H. N. Chapman, J. Miao, and M. Segev, Phase retrieval with application to optical imaging, IEEE Signal Proc. Magazine v. 32, no. 3, pp. 87-109 (2015). Review article.
- A. Szameit, Y. Shechtman, E. Osherovich, E. Bulkich, P. Sidorenko, H. Dana, S. Steiner, E. B. Kley, S. Gazit, T. Cohen-Hyams, S. Shoham, M. Zibulevsky, I. Yavne, Y. C. Eldar, O. Cohen, and M. Segev, Sparsity-based single-shot sub-wavelength coherent diffractive imaging , Nature Materials 11, 455 (2012)
- Y. Shechtman, Y. Eldar, O. Cohen, and M. Segev, Efficient Coherent Diffractive Imaging for sparsely varying dynamics , Optics Express 21, 6327 (2013)
- P. Sidorenko, E. Osherovich, Y. Shechtman, Y. Eldar, M. Segev, and O. Cohern, Super-resolution spectroscopy by compact representation, Frontiers in optics, Rochester, NY, USA, October 2012, FM3F
- P. Sidorenko, A. Dikopoltsev, T. Zahavy, O. Lahav, S. Gazit, Y. Shechtman, A. Szameit, D. J. Tannor, Y. C. Eldar, M. Segev, and O. Cohen, Improving techniques for diagnostics of laser pulses by compact representations, Optics Express, 27, 8920 (2019)